World Kindness Day
November 13, 2019 is World Kindness Day. We often get so caught up in the everyday hustle and bustle of life that kindness can get lost in the mix. Rushing to work, drivers honking and yelling, and hearing horrible news stories on the radio can start your day off in the wrong direction: away from kindness and understanding. This season is about being grateful for what you have, and giving to others who may not have what they need. One of those things can be kindness.
Random Acts of Kindness
Everyone needs kindness and compassion throughout their day. We’ve gathered some random acts of kindness to share with you. We hope you can make someone’s day with these simple ideas.
- Say hello to the person next to you in the elevator, and ask how they are doing.
- Post encouraging sticky notes around your work, school, or neighborhood.
- Return shopping carts to their designated spots at the grocery store- this makes it much easier for staff members to collect!
- Pick up litter on a walk around your neighborhood.
- Send a “Thank You” note to local police and fire stations.
- Donate your old clothing, furniture, and toys in good condition instead of throwing them away.
- Purchase extra dog or cat food and donate to an animal shelter.
- Leave a box of goodies in your mailbox for your mail carrier and at your doorstep for delivery workers. They are working extra hard during the holiday season!
- Take any opportunity to give a compliment. After all – they’re free!
- Share a smile!
Be Kind. Do Good.
You never know the impact you can have on someone’s day. Small acts of kindness can make a huge difference in today’s world. What is the nicest act of kindness you have ever received?
We Want to Hear from You!
How did it make your or someone’s day better? Share with us below!