We hope everyone is staying healthy, social distancing, and following precautions from health experts!
Let’s also remember to focus on the GOOD! There are so many fun ways to stay active, eat well, and have fun at home!
Here are a few ideas for ya:
- Take a virtual tour of the San Diego Zoo with the kids and see what all the wild animals are up to!
- Try 100 activities you can do at home during school closures.
- 5 steps to creating a Gratitude Journal.
- Watch free streaming of shows from the Metropolitan Opera.
- Take a virtual tour of the National Museum of Natural History.
- Doodling classes with children’s book illustrator, Mo Willems.
- Meet the Helpers: Videos teaching kids about First Responders.
- Dav Pilkey, author and illustrator of popular children’s book “Captain Underpants”, teaches free virtual drawing lessons.
- Learn how to be a meteorologist with WESH Channel 2 News weather lessons.
- Learn all about marine life from our neighbors, SeaWorld.
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- Play and learn with your kids’ favorite PBS TV show characters.
- PBS At-Home Learning TV programs every day.
- Free printable drawing sheets for adults with uplifting quotes.
- Orange County Library System virtual services.
- Paint, cut, shape, sew, model with these craft ideas.
- Give back while stuck at home. Browse a list of volunteer opportunities kids can do from home.
- 10- minute mindfulness meditation to help you stay present.
- Learn how to keep a mindful attitude throughout all the uncertainty.
- 5 tips for snacking healthier at home.
- Create healthy homeschool lunches.
- Try this recipe creator to use the food you already have in your pantry.
- 10 tips for easy, fast, and healthy dinners.
- A healthy take on takeout food.
- Cook with the kiddos! Check out these fun recipes.
- 7 healthy foods to keep you hydrated.
- Make simple changes to create a healthy eating pattern.
- Missing those summertime tailgates? Check out these recipes you can make at home!
- LIVE fitness classes with the YMCA of Central Florida! Check it out on their Facebook page.
- Free virtual yoga classes to help you find your namaste in these uncertain times.
- Free meditation class with Warrior One Yoga every day at 9:05am.
- Live fitness classes from Orlando Health and the National Training Center.
- Frozen Dance Class for toddlers.
- Create your own garden at home.
- Get active with these fitness ideas for kids ages 2+.
- Baby Shark sing & dance along!
- Put the pedal to the metal! Learn more about the health benefits of riding a bike.
- Boogie it out with these fun dance workout videos!
Looking for a POSITIVE email in your inbox? Join the Healthy West Orange Movement, and you’ll receive weekly positivity emails with more ideas on how to make the best of the situation we’re in.